Interruptions

My life over the past days have completely messed up my consistency. Upcoming is a wedding from a close friend which will also disrupt the systems I’m trying to set up in my life, but hey, sometimes we need a break.

I’ve also been doing so much research into other techniques regarding self-hypnosis and I’ve subscribed to so many newsletters that I am almost doing nothing else then reading newsletters, blogs, posts, etc…

Although my energy levels have increased somewhat by drinking a glass of water every hour, I still notice that when I’m practicing self-hypnosis (where you follow the same path in your mind towards a relaxed place), I get kinda lost just before I reach that place. (that’s not very clear is it ? I’ll explain again with the specific example)

So first I relax and breathe and all that. Then I imagine being on a path in a wood. I try to feel the soft soil touching my feet. I can smell the woods and I feel a comfortable breeze around my body. Then I walk down towards a little house noticing the nice roof and the flowers in front of it. Through the door comes a smell of a nice soup and soft music. I walk in and see the structure of the house. I notice a picture on the wall from a little plane with me on the wheel (my dream). Next to it is a certificate with my name on it saying that I completed the being-a-pilot course. Then I walk out on the terrace and sit down. In front of me is a nice lake with trees and stuff. Then I am in my relaxed place. But last times I didn’t get any further that the picture of my plane. A few minutes later I noticed that my mind had wondered off completely on other things and I was about to fall asleep.

My own explanation for it is that I’m getting better in hypnosis, but I might need a guidance since my conscious mind loses control. Maybe I should make a recording or something to guide me.

No comments: